- Understanding competitor capabilities and strategies in a specific product, service or functional area
- Reviewing internal processes in order to improve them against the competition
- Assessing the best delivery model for key customer segments
- Understanding key competitors strategies over the next 2-3 years and the fit of their operating model with this
- Identifying key points of differentiation and/or competitive advantage
- Challenging internal decision-making
- Maximizing market positioning versus a key player or players
CIS’ Competitor Benchmarking enables the client to benchmark itself against ‘best in class’ processes in order to optimize its performance versus the competition, ultimately improving market share and maximizing profits.
Competitor benchmarking can be conducted on both:
- Competitors within the same sector or space in order to establish the client’s position versus other key players
- Companies within other sectors believed to provide ‘best in class’ examples
All CIS’ Benchmarking programs are designed to deliver maximum insight into competitor and/or leading organization’s operations and capabilities. Our programs deliver key takeaways and recommendations to the client in terms of product or process improvement, as well as identifying key areas of competitive advantage or threat.
Our aim is to provide our clients with an understanding of ‘what is best’ and how it is achieved, including:
- An understanding of what ‘best’ means for each competitor
- Strategic strengths and weaknesses in rivals that can be exploited by the client
- Important tactical information to improve operational effectiveness, both as a defensive and offensive measure to win new customers and defend an existing customer base
- Detailed intelligence at an individual competitor level, updating and augmenting existing client knowledge and analysis
- A detailed comparative analysis that benchmarks the client’s product/service proposition or business process against other leading competitors and/or organizations
CIS are expert in conducting Competitor Benchmarking on all sizes and types of organizations, from industry-leading global corporations to small domestic players.